| || |
| || || | CLARK QUINN
FEBRUARY 13, 2018 Chief Cognitive Officer?
Businesses are composed of core functions, and they optimize them to succeed. In areas like finance, operations, and information technology, they prioritize investments, and look for continual improvement. But, with the shift in the competitive landscape, there’s a gap that’s being missed.
| | PSYBLOG
FEBRUARY 11, 2018 Alcohol Or Cannabis: Which Is Worst For Brain Health?
Study of over 1,000 people's brains tested whether alcohol or cannabis does the most damage. ? Explore PsyBlog's ebooks, all written by Dr Jeremy Dean: NEW: Accept Yourself: Self-Acceptance Practices For Emotional Healing. Activate: How To Find Joy Again By Changing What You Do.
INFORMATION LITERACY WEBLOG Educause key issues in teaching and learning
| TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2018
The American association concerned with tech in higher education EDUCAUSE has announced its "key issues" for 2018. They were voted on by EDUCAUSE members. Some of them look like perennial issues to me, and some are rather generic (e.g. the first one seems to amount to - things keep changing!), but at least information literacy makes it in there (albeit subordinated to digital literacy). MORE >>
COLUMN TWO Upcoming dates for face-to-face intranet gatherings as part of the ILF community
| MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2018
It’s not often that you get a chance to spend time face-to-face with other intranet and digital workplace teams. That’s why the Intranet Leadership Forum (ILF) was founded a decade ago, to connect teams and to share knowledge. Now more than ever, it’s critical to make use of proven ideas from other organisations, and to avoid reinventing the wheel (who has the time?!). MORE >>
CLARK QUINN The necessary program?
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2018
Things are moving faster, and careers are supposed to be changing more frequently. What does that mean for university degrees (or other employment preparation)? Yes, university degrees aren’t necessarily just employment preparation, but I’m thinking about a degree program that provides a useful preparation for the coming world. And I think it’s got several key components. MORE >>
PSYBLOG The Childhood Trauma That Triples Psychotic Disorder Risk
| THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2018
Psychotic disorders, like schizophrenia, are those that involve becoming detached from reality. ? Explore PsyBlog's ebooks, all written by Dr Jeremy Dean: NEW: Accept Yourself: Self-Acceptance Practices For Emotional Healing. Activate: How To Find Joy Again By Changing What You Do. The Anxiety Plan: 42 Strategies For Worry, Phobias, OCD and Panic. Spark: 17 Steps That Will Boost Your Motivation For Anything. Child Psychology MORE >>
INFORMATION LITERACY WEBLOG From Information Literate to Information Fluent: The Role of Libraries in Preparing 21st Century Citizens
| SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2018
A free webinar on 21 February 2018 at 11am US Pacific time (which is 7pm UK time, 2pm US Eastern time) From Information Literate to Information Fluent: The Role of Libraries. Librarians are increasingly important in helping students, pre-K through 20 and beyond [i.e. from pre-school to university-level and beyond], to move beyond the skills of Information Literacy and become Information Fluent in order to successfully navigate the Knowledge Economy. MORE >>
- Countdown: 30 days until early-bird closes for DEX 2018 COLUMN TWO | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2018
- The Metaphor That Leads Organizations Astray CONVERSATION MATTERS | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2018
- The 5 Most Attractive Personality Traits PSYBLOG | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2018
- Booking open for #Transmedia Literacy International Conference INFORMATION LITERACY WEBLOG | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2018
- #ECIL2018 proposal deadline extended INFORMATION LITERACY WEBLOG | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2018
- Valuing These Relationships Makes People Happier And Healthier PSYBLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2018
- Proof That Alcohol Changes This Personality Trait PSYBLOG | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2018
- The Compliments That Women Find Most Attractive PSYBLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2018
- This Common Activity Identifies A Narcissist PSYBLOG | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2018
- Really Easy Method For Fighting Loneliness That You Can Do Alone PSYBLOG | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2018
- Alzheimer’s Dramatically Reversed For The First Time PSYBLOG | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2018
- People Who Use This Kind Of Humour Are Happier PSYBLOG | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2018
- The Totally Unexpected Places That Make People Suicidal PSYBLOG | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2018
- The Belief That Cuts Dementia Risk In Half PSYBLOG | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2018
- Here’s The Depression Treatment Most People Get PSYBLOG | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2018