| || |
| || | COLLABORATION 2.0
APRIL 9, 2012 Wisdom of the loud
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens: the trend of the loudest voices parading knowledge online and dominating conversations is slowly maturing as people realize that too much online publishing means those voices aren’t doing much else…
| || | BOXES AND ARROWS
APRIL 9, 2012 The Past and Future of Boxes and Arrows
Show Time: 21 minutes 06 seconds. Download mp3 (audio only) Download m4a (with visuals, requires iTunes, Quicktime, or similar). iTunes. Podcast Summary In this episode, I had the pleasure of sitting down in New Orleans at the 2012 Information Architecture Summit with Christina Wodtke ( @cwodtke ), the founder of Boxes and Arrows.com. Interested?
- Facebook Buys Instagram, Checks Off A Swath of 2012 Predictions In One Move
Waaaay back in January, I rolled out my annual predictions. Thanks to our pals at Facebook, a few of them are now pretty much in the bag. I may have to start doing these things monthly, given the pace of our industry. Prediction #5 was that it’d be a big year for Internet M&A. Facebook won, with a billion dollar price tag. MORE >>
- Competition! Win free pass to Sydney workshops on how to grow your business using crowdsourcing
We are kicking off our global series of crowdsourcing workshops on Monday 16 April in Sydney , with a morning workshop on Getting Results From Crowds and an afternoon workshop on Crowd Business Models. You can answer in two ways: 1. On Twitter using the hashtag #crowdsyd. 2. Winners announced this Thursday evening. The best will win! MORE >>
- On Larry Page’s Letter: Super Amazing Great Tremendous!
(I promised a bit more color commentary on Larry Page’s 3500-word missive posted last week, and after reading it over a few more times, it seems worth the time to keep that promise. Well, eight years in, the feisty has taken a back seat to the practical, the explicative, and the … nice ! Seeing so many of them felt… off. MORE >>
WEB WORKER DAILY Twitter sets up shop in Detroit coworking space
| MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
Coworking, we’ve reported, is moving out from its community-focused roots as larger organizations explore ways they can apply the principles of the movement to boost innovation. In a coworking space. Mozilla recently opened its new ‘ Moz Space ‘ in London, welcoming both Mozilla staff and visitors who need a place to work. MORE >>
- Up to my neck in… well, everything.
You know you’re a real blogger when, no matter how absurdly busy the rest of your life is, the thing you can’t do that you miss the most is blogging. It’s been a crazy almost two months and isn’t looking to get any better in the near future. First, I was one of the four libraries taking part in RAILS this year. Tweet This! MORE >>
- Tips from The LinkedIn Rockstars: Top Ten Annoying Behaviors of People on LinkedIn – Number 5 LINKED INTELLIGENCE | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- Venue announced - The Harvard Club of Boston ANECDOTE | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- Reimagined Learning: Activities elaborated CLARK QUINN | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- CILIP IL Group committee seeks members INFORMATION LITERACY WEBLOG | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- Blue Highways Quotes PORTALS AND KM | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- Convo Provides New Web Version and Enhances Features PORTALS AND KM | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012